COLLECTING PERSONAL DATAWho may collect personal data?
We may collect personal information from the Site or we may authorize third-party companies to collect personal information from the Site on our behalf. What is personal data?
We consider information that personally identifies you or that can be used to contact you (such as your name, email address or billing information), and any data that is linked to such information, to be personal data. What personal data is collected?
- When you purchase a product from the Site, we may collect your name, mailing and billing address(es), telephone number, email address and/or credit card or checking account information.
- When you register a product, we may collect your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- When you join one of our mailing lists, we may collect your name and email address.
- When you contact our online customer support, we may collect your name, telephone number, email address and mailing address.
- When you register for contests or giveaways hosted by the Site, we may collect your name, email address, telephone number, address and other information as specified in such contest or giveaway.
Turtle Beach collects and uses your personal data:
- To complete orders for products placed on the Site and to communicate with you about such orders (for example, order and shipment confirmations);
- To respond to requests for support or otherwise provide customer service;
- To inform you of other products or services available from Turtle Beach and its affiliates and about promotions and events;
- To conduct research about your opinion of current products and services or of potential new products or services;
- To notify you of the results of any contests or giveaways;
- To research and analyze data and trends to improve our products and services; and
COLLECTING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATIONIn addition to your personal data, we may collect, or we may authorize third-party companies to collect on our behalf, information that, by itself, does not specifically identify you. This non-personal information is used to help us learn what products are of the most interest to users and to improve Site design and content. Some examples of non-personal information that we collect and use are:
- When you purchase a product, register a product or contact customer support, in addition to collecting personal data, we may obtain information about the products that you own or use.
- When you are using our Site, we may log your IP address (a number that identifies your computer on the Internet) for system administration and troubleshooting purposes and to examine overall Site traffic trends.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION & THIRD PARTY PARTNERSHIPSOn occasion, Turtle Beach may share personal information collected from the Site with selected third-party companies who assist Turtle Beach in providing products and services or in advertising, marketing and website analytics efforts or allow such third-party companies to collect personal information directly from the Site. Such information may include your name, address, email address and purchase information, which will help arrange product delivery, provide customer support or target marketing communications. Such third parties have agreed to keep such information confidential and not use it to send advertisements or other communications on behalf of anyone other than Turtle Beach and its affiliates. Turtle Beach does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Turtle Beach or the third-party companies that assist us with marketing may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal data is not transferred to the third party. Co-Branding
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. Turtle Beach is not responsible for the content or the collection or use of personal data by such third-party websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of the third-party website to learn about how they handle your personal data. Links to the Site from Third-Party Websites
Turtle Beach may use outside marketing companies to place advertisements or links to the Site on third-party websites. The marketing company or the operator of such third-party website may collect information about people who click on an advertisement for or link to the Site. Turtle Beach is not responsible for the collection or use of information by such marketing companies or third-party websites. Please refer to their privacy policies to learn about how they handle your personal data. Merger or Acquisition; Legal Compliance
In the event that Turtle Beach is merged with or acquired by another company, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, we may disclose or transfer personal data and other information about usage of the Site in connection with such a transaction. You should also be aware that courts may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit personal data and other information about usage of the Site to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.