Forum

PX4 Mute and Volume Buttons Don't Work With PS4

PX4 Mute and Volume Buttons Don't Work With PS4

Postby Rhoa23 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:21 pm

Hello,

I wanted to see if I can get some help. I love my PX4's, the sound quality is awesome, for them to be wireless and be able to keep that quality , it is very impressive. However, the Mute and Chat Volume buttons on the right ear of the headset do not seem to work with the PS4. This is annoying as, there is no other way for you to mute your mic on the PS4, other than removing the aux cable from the controller, and that doesn't seem to be a good "process".

I was wondering if anyone solved this issue. I'm hoping it may be user error on my side, if not does anyone know a good Headset that actually works with the PS4?
Rhoa23

Re: PX4 Mute and Volume Buttons Don't Work With PS4

Postby rickypro » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Same problem here. I don't think it is user error.:o)
rickypro

Postby BakedPaul » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:37 pm

I have the same issues. Advertising this expensive headset as being compatible with the PS4 to attract buyers and then having it not be is rather irresponsible business practice, and doesn't at all agree with the "why turtle beach" page on this website.

I've been satisfied before with TB headsets, which is why I was happy to come back for an upgrade. But I'm very disappointed that the PX4 is not fully compatible with the PS4, as advertised; and even more so that TB isn't responding to these questions.
BakedPaul

Postby terpfan1980 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Right there with you guys. I was hoping that perhaps there was some additional information here that would explain how to fix this issue, but I guess not. :(

I would hope that TB would soon get it fixed though, via new firmware or whatever is necessary.
terpfan1980

Postby gamer4years » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:43 pm

I thought I read somewhere that when you use the chat cable to the controller, it disables the headset controls. It is not very cool. Not at all.

I think some bluetooth headsets will be supported going forward, and you might be able to connect that way thus enabling your features. Turtle Beach though has done a lousy job on the issue of compatatbility and disclosure on how things will work.
gamer4years

Postby gamer4years » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Follow up, see this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12154
gamer4years

Postby you_killedkenny_ » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:05 am

Make sure the output to headset is on Chat Only. Then to change chat volume simply hold down the PS button (center of controller) till a menu pops up and adjust the headset volume. I know its not as easy as pressing a button, but it takes 2 seconds. These buttons will work fine when PS4 bluetooth headsets become compatible.
you_killedkenny_

Return to Playstation Gaming Headsets