Forum

PX3 issues with PS4

Re: PX3 issues with PS4

Postby seng2003 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:14 am

There are two way I can think of since ps4 does not have the red white yellow 1. Is use the audio out from the tv (RWY connector). 2. Is buy a optical coverter from optical to RCA from eBay or Amazon. I dont have a px3 atm so i haven't try the second option but that only if your tv dont have audio out...
seng2003

Postby Vetchemh2 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:27 am

So basically from talking to a couple of different people it seems like they are saying that that stupid ps4 chat cable is the way to go. They said that it may be able to bypass the mixamp to let the volume go higher. I havent tried it yet but i guess even though i am pissed at turtle beach and sony about this whole situation i will have to try it.
Vetchemh2

Postby gamer4years » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:35 am

Vetchemh2 wrote:So basically from talking to a couple of different people it seems like they are saying that that stupid ps4 chat cable is the way to go. They said that it may be able to bypass the mixamp to let the volume go higher. I havent tried it yet but i guess even though i am pissed at turtle beach and sony about this whole situation i will have to try it.

I have the PS4 chat cable, and it created another problem. It might have been my settings, but it rendered the chat null. I was unable to use PSN party chat with it plugged in. Let me explain how I am configured, and it will also address the original post.

I do not have a sound issue, first of all. I have RCA output on my TV, so I am configured like this: I have the USB plugged in the PS4. I have the splitter that came with the PX3 connected to the audio out from the TV into the transmitter box. So in effect the TV is my sound source. I have great sound and actually have to turn it down (not bragging) with the dial on the headset. My issue is the chat.

When playing BF4, I do not get any game chat. Chat works with the PSN party system, but not the game. I can see the microphone indicator, but nobody can hear me and I cannot hear them.

I got the PS4 chat cable and tried it that why, but all that did was disable the PSN Party Chat without giving me the game chat. So, oh for two on that one. But it could have been my settings.

Note that now Turtle Beach is saying set the device selector swith on the transmitter box to "PC/MAC". But this, according to something I read, may render the presets null and void.

Turtle Beach needs to provide some definitive configuration instructions and recommendations. Plus tell us what cannot be fixed. At least that way we know.
gamer4years

Postby Vetchemh2 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:10 am

gamer4years what splitter are you talking about that came with the px3? I have a cord that has a red and white cable that goes into the monitor and the 3.5 mm jack on the other end goes into the px3 transmitter box into the game slot. Is that the splitter you're talking about? If it is i have no clue how you connected it to the audio out on tv and the transmitter box. please explain if im not understanding lol
Vetchemh2

Postby gamer4years » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:31 am

Vetchemh2 wrote:gamer4years what splitter are you talking about that came with the px3? I have a cord that has a red and white cable that goes into the monitor and the 3.5 mm jack on the other end goes into the px3 transmitter box into the game slot. Is that the splitter you're talking about? If it is i have no clue how you connected it to the audio out on tv and the transmitter box. please explain if im not understanding lol

The splitter that came with the headset is what I am referring too. See the instruction sheet:

http://cdn-assets.turtlebeach.com/products/50/px3_userguide.pdf

The 3.5 MM jack goes into the transmitter box, and the RCA jacks are connected to my audio out on my TV. My TV is about five years old, and new models may not have the RCA output. If that is the case, there are work arounds but it will take a bit more money.

With that being said, I am not sure I can advise anyone to put more money into the PX3 if you want to connect to the PS4. Last night I tried the following configuration for the PX3

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517594/

It did not work. I received no game chat, and when I tried to use it in PSN party chat it showed my MIC disabled. The PS4 does not recognize my microphone when plugged into the controller.

There is another configuration, off of the compatability chart:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/vendors/cons ... ms-PX3.jpg]

This indicated that no chat cable is needed, and that you should set the transmitter to PC. That did not work.

In short, I am not hopeful that the PX3 will work for both PSN Party Chat and Game Chat unless the issue is only with BF4, but that does not make a lot of sense. It also makes no sense that they have put out more than one set of instructions on how to make it work. If anyone has had success making the PX3 work with Battlefield 4 on the PSN, please post your set up here. Thanks.
gamer4years

Postby Vetchemh2 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Well i have an audio out spot on my tv but a 3.5 mm jack needs to go into it. Is that the difference in old and new tv's you were referring to?

As i said before i can get game sound and chat from my px3 just by using it normally with the ps4 but the sound for both is horribly low. Is this the same issue you're having gamer4years? It almost sounds like you're saying you dont get chat at all...is that the case?
Vetchemh2

Postby gamer4years » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Vetchemh2 wrote:Well i have an audio out spot on my tv but a 3.5 mm jack needs to go into it. Is that the difference in old and new tv's you were referring to?

As i said before i can get game sound and chat from my px3 just by using it normally with the ps4 but the sound for both is horribly low. Is this the same issue you're having gamer4years? It almost sounds like you're saying you dont get chat at all...is that the case?

On your audio out, if you only have 3.5 MM that can work. You just need to get a cable that has 3.5MM male on each end, and that will give you your game sound. One end to the TV, the other to the transmitter. I have RCA to 3.5MM to the transmitter. Not sure if this will help you, but worth a shot.

As for me, I get no chat at all via game. It works fine in party chat, but game chat does not work. Not sure if there is a setting on the PS4, something wrong with my headset, etc. Can you run down your set up/installation?
gamer4years

Postby gamer4years » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Vetche I hope you are still following this forum. The TB people are responding. Hopefully they can clarify which set up we are to use (since they published two sets) and perhaps get these sets working.
gamer4years

Postby Vetchemh2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Ok well from what i know with just setting up the px3 normally if you have your sound setting on the ps4 set to the chat out option you should get game and chat. but the problem is the volume is just stupid low. What has TB said about it? I have tried like everything
Vetchemh2

Postby gamer4years » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:27 pm

They have said nothing I am afraid. I saw someone responding like crazy in other threads but this one got skipped.

I am sure it is not a volume issue in my case. I get PSN party chat just fine, and I can hear but not the in-game chat..nothing. It simply does not seem to be working.
gamer4years

PreviousNext

Return to Playstation Gaming Headsets