Forum

XP500 Adaptor for Xbox One, ANSWER PLEASE

XP500 Adaptor for Xbox One, ANSWER PLEASE

Postby Gandalf999 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:29 pm

We have 3 pair of XP500's in our house which we have paid a lot of money for.
I want to know if Turtle Beach are going to make an adaptor for the new Xbox one.
I specifically bought these headsets because they have no chat lead.

The chat leads on our older Turtle Beach X31's were rubbish and were the weak link.
I want a proper adaptor so I can still use the XP500 as they were designed.
If I am forced to buy new headsets for the Xbox one I will NOT be buying Turtle Beach.
WE WANT AN ANSWER.
Turtle Beach know exactly what's going on, its about time they told the people that keep them in a job what is happening.
Gandalf999

Re: XP500 Adaptor for Xbox One, ANSWER PLEASE

Postby gtstcactus » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:07 am

This has been asked over and over, and turtle beach has shown a total unwillingness to provide answers....

The best I can tell you is not long ago (2 weeks maybe), Microsoft came out and said they were working on an adapter so current headsets could connect to Xbox One controllers. No further details given. So it's hardly 100% set in stone that MS will produce one, but the fact they have said they are working on it is promising.

I would be a lot more certain the PS4 will be compatible with current headsets as it has bluetooth like the PS3 does for chat....
gtstcactus

Postby ATrueBurke » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Microsoft said they made loads of improvements to the xbox one controller, its probaly not likely but I would like it if they had built in Bluetooth for connecting headsets like the ps3 controller, otherwise I'm going to have to wait and get the adapter,

And if they do an adapter I would like to know what date it would be expected to start selling, because when the xbox one comes out I would prefer to buy one just before or during or shortly after release rather than having to wait a week or two.

Signed ATrueBurke,
ATrueBurke

Postby OldHippie1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:10 pm

I cannot believe Turtle Beach would leave people hanging on this subject. I also own 3 sets of XP510 headsets that were purchased only three months prior to the Xbox One announcement at E3. Microsoft has not given any kind of solid answer to this inquiry and has been vague at best with its information. Turtle beach on the other hand has refused to even comment on the matter.
I have owned wireless Turtle Beach headsets since 2005 and have upgraded 3 times because I was so impressed. However, if I cannot use the 3 sets of XP510 headsets on the Xbox One I will not purchase another Turtle Beach product and I will make sure everyone I know and meet hears about the poor support. With an investment of almost $1000 for the last three sets and close to $2000 since 2005 I expect better communication on such an important issue.
OldHippie1

Postby thedark1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm sure they would like to respond and say weather they are indeed making an adapter. Which I believe is the same one that goes to the xbox 360 E. The truth of the matter is they probably don't want to tick off MS about the whole thing. On top of that they want sales so customers buying their new "xboxone" headsets will get that first. After all that is done they may come out and say here is your adapter and what not. First and foremost they would love nothing better than everyone to buy a new headset so they are not going to ruin that by giving you an easy out for older headsets.
thedark1

Postby beredis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:56 pm

I just purchased my XP510 headset yesterday, so if an answer is not furnished in the next 14 days I will return them and buy another brand that will answer the question.
beredis

Postby ichabod13 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:02 pm

I plan to just take apart the one that comes with it and make my own until we get an official adapter. I don't need the bluetooth right away
ichabod13

Postby gamerx32104 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:11 pm

beredis wrote:I just purchased my XP510 headset yesterday, so if an answer is not furnished in the next 14 days I will return them and buy another brand that will answer the question.

Just curious what brand you would return them for? Neither or Tritton have announced anything in regards to their current headsets working with the One. While I love my XP400s and really want an adapter so I can continue using them I dont understand everybodies gripe with TB. Its not like they are advertising anything saying their current model of headsets will even work with the One. They have consistently mentioned the upcoming XO4 and XO7 models. If anything you should blame yourself for purchasing the XP510s without solid knowledge they would even work with the new consoles.
gamerx32104

Postby gtstcactus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:06 am

Neither the XO4 or XO7 are comparable to the Tangos / XP510's....... People shouldn't have to downgrade their headsets! Nor should we require new ones! I currently have both Xbox 360 and PS3 so am not a fanboy of either, but at least Sony has got it right in making sure peoples current headsets will work with PS4 straight out of the box!

It's a load of crap not announcing an adaptor, it's highly unlikely it's simply not possible to make one. I'm thinking about canceling my pre-order for a Xbox One and just sticking with a PS4 until I hear something good about an adaptor.

gamerx32104 wrote:
beredis wrote:I just purchased my XP510 headset yesterday, so if an answer is not furnished in the next 14 days I will return them and buy another brand that will answer the question.

Just curious what brand you would return them for? Neither or Tritton have announced anything in regards to their current headsets working with the One. While I love my XP400s and really want an adapter so I can continue using them I dont understand everybodies gripe with TB. Its not like they are advertising anything saying their current model of headsets will even work with the One. They have consistently mentioned the upcoming XO4 and XO7 models. If anything you should blame yourself for purchasing the XP510s without solid knowledge they would even work with the new consoles.
gtstcactus

Postby gamerx32104 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Gtstcactus...I agree fully with you. What I had posted previously was more of a devils advocate as buying a XP510 right now and being mad at TB for not having info on an adapter doesnt seem right. They have not came out and said a peep about their current headsets even working on the One for audio like Astro has. Then I fully agree that the new models do not compare. If anything they are stripped down. The XO7 is basically the XP Seven minus the audio control unit which TB says doesnt work with the One. That confuses me because Astros Mixamp will work perfectly fine with the One. Like tons of others I would prefer to use my current headset and not have to buy another.
gamerx32104

Next

Return to Xbox Gaming Headsets