For P11, PX21, PX22, X11, X12, Foxtrot, and Kilo headsets:
- No game audio in one speaker ("one side bad").
- No game audio in either speaker.
EXPLANATION: The following tests will help you determine whether the issue is with the headset, the RCA Splitter Cable, or a third-party component, such as the Xbox or PS3 AV cable, or the jacks on your TV.
TROUBLESHOOTING TEST 1: iPod
To test with an iPod or other portable music player:
- Connect the headset's green 3.5mm plug into your music player's headphones jack.
- Connect the headset's USB plug to a USB port on your game console or computer, or a USB wall adapter. Make sure the headset is powered up and the volume is NOT all the way up.
- Start playing a track on your music player.
- Adjust the Game volume control on the headset to about halfway up. Also, set the music player's volume to about halfway up.
If you hear the tunes from the music player in your headset, then your headset is working fine, and the problem could be with the included RCA Splitter Cable, the TV's RCA jacks, or the game console's AV cable. If you do not hear any audio, then the headset is defective, and you will want to contact Tech Support.
TROUBLESHOOTING TEST 2: CD/DVD/Blu-ray Player
To test the headset's RCA Splitter Cable, you'll need a home CD or DVD/Blu-ray player with white/red RCA Audio Output jacks.
- Connect the headset's USB plug to a USB port on your game console or computer, or a USB wall adapter. Make sure the headset is powered up.
- Next, connect the white/red RCA plugs of the Turtle Beach RCA Splitter Cable to the Left/Right (stereo) AUDIO OUT jacks on the CD or DVD player.
- Load a music CD into the player and press Play.
- Turn up the Game volume on the headset.
If you hear the CD playing in the headset, then your headset's main stereo inputs work fine. If you do not, then there's something wrong with the RCA Splitter Cable, and you will want to contact Tech Support.
TROUBLESHOOTING TEST #3: RCA SWAP
3. Test procedure for all analog stereo headsets (for OneSideBad issue) via RCA swap:
Where the red and white RCA plugs from the game console connect to the red and white RCA jacks on the headset audio input cable:
For this test of your stereo splitter cable, all you need to do is reverse how the red and white RCA audio connectors are attached to other devices. To do this, simply make sure that your red plugs (male) are all connected to white jacks (female), and the white plugs should similarly be connected to red plugs.
So when the installation would normally go "White
" and "Red
it will now go "White
" and "Red
Once you have it hooked up this way, play sound from your game console and listen in the headset. If the problem switches sides in the headset, then the RCA cables
need to be replaced. If the sound still only comes from the same side, then the cables are OK but the speaker that is not making sound is dead. The headset will need to be replaced. Click here
to fill in a warranty claim form for service through our support staff.
All files and documentation are offered on an *AS IS* basis and you assume full responsibility for using them.