NOTE: This update does not enable the headset to pair with the PS4 via Bluetooth. Current Bluetooth Headsets cannot pair to the PS4 for chat due to bluetooth limitations in the PS4. Sony has confirmed this here.
The following only applies to the XP510, PX51, and Phantom:
The Mobile Adapter cable is included with the XP510, PX51, and Phantom. It can be used as a PS4 Chat Cable after updating the headset's firmware. Here's how to get the update for PX51, XP510, and Phantom:
Note: If your headset is an Ear Force Phantom, be sure to uninstall any previous version of the Advanced Sound Editor (ASE) software before you begin.
1. Download and install the latest version of the ASE software for Windows. Click here to start the download: http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/download/1342/
2. Double-click the file "Install Advanced Sound Editor v0.95.12.0.exe".
3. Once installation completes, open the ASE on your computer.
4. Connect your headset to your PC via the included USB Programming/Data Cable (not the longer, thinner Charging cable).
5. In the ASE, click the "Configuration" tab, then the "Restore All" button. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the update. Warning: Do not disconnect your headset and do not restart Windows (even if Windows asks you to) until the update process is complete. Interrupting this process can damage your headset!
a) Select Configuration
b) Click 'Restore All'
c) Click 'OK'
d) Updating firmware - DO NOT DISCONNECT
e) Firmware Update Completed
6. When the update is complete, disconnect your headset from your PC. Power the headset off, then back on.
7. Long-press the MODE button on your headset to switch to PS4 Mode. A voice prompt in the headset will announce "PlayStation 4". Headset must be in PS4 Mode for PS4 Chat to work. You will need to hold the MODE button longer than you normally would to change between Game/Music/Movie modes.
8. Connect headset to PS4 Controller using the Mobile Adapter Cable, then go to Settings > Screen and Sound > Audio Output Settings > Output To Headphones and select Chat Audio.
After following the steps above, make sure your hardware is set up properly according to this link: PS4 Connectivity Diagram
For PS4 Chat Cable Settings, click here: PS4 Chat Cable Setup and Guidelines
For additional info, including PS4 setup diagrams, please visit: Turtle Beach Connect Portal