Q: I just installed my AudioTron using a static IP in XP Pro. The unit gets
TurtleRadio fine and you can see the web server - It searches the kids'
PCs and the other laptops on the Network but (you can see in the history)
that it doesn't even look at the PC with all the music on.
I have set-up an account on my PC, disabled the personal firewall and
shared as needed, yet this PC cannot see the AT and control it!
A: Here are some suggestions:
* Make sure that the Security is set up so that "Everyone" is listed
and access is granted.
* Unshare the Drive that is NOT visible and Share it again.
* Delete the Atron password account. Try without it, then create one.
* Move the files out of the shared directory and then back in.
* Run the Setup Utility. This will spot any 'Troubled' areas on the
Network and make Sharing suggestions.
* Update the firmware in the router.