* Markers are a convenient way of locating and describing a section of a song.
* Markers are placed in the Ruler Bar of the Track/View window and they draw a
vertical blue line to indicate a section.
* Markers can be used while a song is playing to quickly jump to a pre-defined
section without having to hit stop.
* Markers are also available in the Piano Roll and Digital Audio windows.
To create a Marker, in the Track/View window just drag the Marker flag from
the center of the screen to the appropriate place in your song. Then, while
the song is playing, you may use the shortcuts below (F9 and F10 keys) to
enable the Marker(s):
F9 - jumps to previous Marker
F10 - jumps to next Marker
These shortcuts come in handy in the following examples:
* When you are mixing your song and you are trying to get continuity between
your sections (for instance making sure the vocals are at the same level).
* When you are working on a particular phrase. Keep hitting F9 to repeat the
phrase from the previous Marker without stopping playback.
* Often times a Marker is quicker than setting a formal loop.
* When you create multiple Markers, you can jump from Marker to Marker.
To delete a Marker, just double click its flag and click the DELETE button.
To change the position of any Marker, just drag its flag to any new position.