In order to TEMPORARILY disable unwanted Services in Windows:
- Open the Task Manager
- Right-click on the taskbar, then choose Task Manager. This will open the
- Click on the Processes tab and click on the User Name bar until the
user who is logged in appears in the User Name column
- Disable all processes that belong to the currently logged in user, except
explorer.exe. This will disable all startup items running in the background
until you reboot.
You can use the Windows System Configuration Utility to
PERMANENTLY disable startup items:
- Start > Run > msconfig > then click [OK]. Go to the Startup tab
- Uncheck any boxes corresponding to items you don't want launching at
- If you don't know what something is, you should probably leave it alone
You can also keep tasktray items from starting by holding down the [Shift] key
while Windows is booting up.
All files and documentation are offered on an *AS IS* basis and you assume full responsibility for using them.