The Montego DLS Synthesizer always downloads a default bank file.
You can change the default to a .DLS or .ARL bank file of your choice.
We suggest only experienced users try this procedure.
1. Open Windows Explorer (right-click on My Computer and choose Explore).
2. Navigate to the drive and folder where your new DLS bank is stored.
Let's say the file is named "Newsound.dls"
3. Copy Newsound.dls to the C:WindowsSystem folder.
4. Find the current default DLS bank.
- the default DLS bank file is C:WindowsSystemAurealgm
- the default DLS bank file is C:WindowsSystemAu30gm.arl
5. Right-click on the current DLS bank file and choose Rename from the popup
menu. Rename the file to a new name that will be easy for you to remember,
in case you want to restore the original DLS soundbank.
6. Right click on the new copy you just made of Newsound.dls in the
7. Choose Rename from the popup menu, then rename the Newsound.dls file:
For Montego A3DXstream, rename the file to: Aurealgm
For Montego II, rename the file to: Au30gm.arl
8. Reboot the system. The new default bank will now take effect.