* Surround sound available via digital audio connection to a home theater
system or multiple analog audio outputs connected to a surround speaker
* Optical S/PDIF output for playback of pure digital audio at resolutions of
up to 24 Bits at 44.1kHz or 48kHz sampling rates, allowing for pass-through
of Dolby? Digital and DTS? multichannel DVD sound to external A/V receivers
* Selectable 2, 4 or 6 analog line output channels with 16 Bit resolution at
up to 48kHz sampling rate
* Converts stereo sound sources to multi-channel format, for listening to
MP3 digital music or movies with enhanced surround sound on 4 or 6
* Game port for analog joystick connection and MIDI In/Out (with optional
interface cable) No longer supported.
* Supports Game Surround Sound APIs such as HRTF-based 3D positional audio,
* Full-duplex codec (Analog)
* 32-bit PCI bus master
* Mic Input: The Mic Input on the Riviera will take only a Stereo Mic
and the Recording will be Stereo. A Mono Mic will NOT work.
* BLUE - LINE IN - C/W VersaJack Operates as either a Stereo Line Input or
Center/Subwoofer channels out (5 & 6)
* PINK - MIC IN - Mic Input (STEREO only)
* GREEN - FRONT OUT - Front channels L/R out (1 & 2)
* BLACK - REAR OUT - Rear channels L/R out (3 & 4)
* Optical S/PDIF Out
* MIDI/Game port D-15 connector
* Internal input connectors for CD and Aux audio sources
The Riviera is basically an Audio Card and except for the MIDI Joystick Port,
it does not have any MIDI features (Wavetable Synth, Wavetable Header, etc.).
UPDATE: The MIDI Joystick Port is not supported in Windows 2000, XP and later.