CD-ROMs are very resilient and sturdy. Unless there is a major crack or you played frisbee with your dog, (smile) your VTB CD-ROM is not defective. If it was, you would not be able to read anything at all from the CD-ROM. Nowadays, we all have big hard drives so space limitation should not be an issue.
Copy the contents of the CD-ROM (root and Installation directories) to a directory on your hard disk. (you can delete them later). Then execute the Setup program from the hard disk instead of your CD-ROM Drive. If the Setup runs (from your Hard Drive) you may be certain that your CD-ROM is fully functional but there may be an issue with the CD-ROM Drive instead, that you may wish to address.
- Insert the VTB CD in your CD or DVD drive.
- Open Windows Explorer (Start > Run, type in Explorer and click OK).
- Open the My Computer tree and navigate to the location of the CD or
- Copy the contents of the CD to a folder on your computer's hard drive.
(Right-click on your drive and choose Copy from the menu. Right-click
on your Desktop and choose Paste from the menu. The contents of the VTB
CD should copy to a folder on your Desktop.)
- Close Windows Explorer and return to your Desktop. You will see the
new folder. Double-click on it to open it.
- Click on the file SETUP.EXE (may show as SETUP) to launch the installer.
Follow the onscreen prompts.
All files and documentation are offered on an *AS IS* basis and you assume full responsibility for using them.