With Dolby(R) Digital Live technology, you can now enjoy audio from your PC or
game console through your home theater. A real-time encoding technology, Dolby
Digital Live converts any audio signal into a Dolby Digital bitstream for
transport and playback through a home theater system. With it, your PC or game
console can be hooked up to your Dolby Digital-equipped audio/video receiver
or digital speaker system via a single digital connection, eliminating the
confusion of multiple cables and ensuring the integrity of the audio signal.
The real-time interactive capabilities of Dolby Digital Live technology are
ideally suited to PCs and video game consoles because it reproduces audio cues
and effects that follow the on-screen action, transforming gameplay into an
exciting and realistic entertainment experience.
Systems using Dolby Digital Live technology can provide Dolby Digital
(5.1-channel surround sound) during gameplay, immersing players in
high-quality surround sound that puts them at the center of the action. Gamers
hear every window shatter, feel every explosion, and experience every wipeout.
Dolby Digital Live technology is integrated into the motherboard audio
chipsets of many high-performance PCs. These PCs provide an S/PDIF connector
and use a digital cable for one-step connection to a home theater system.
Dolby Digital Live can also enable other future entertainment capabilities
on the PC because of its ability to deliver any audio source via a single
digital interface to an existing home theater system.
Feature Advantages / Benefits
* Uses a single digital connection
- Ensures the integrity of the audio signal
- Eliminates confusion, hassle, and clutter of multiple analog and digital
* Transforms all PC audio signals into a Dolby Digital signal
- Dolby Digital is the audio backbone for home networks
- Enables playback over millions of home theater systems equipped with Dolby
* Optimized for low-latency interactive applications
- No perceptible delay between video and audio in game play
* Provides realistic 5.1-channel surround sound effects during interactive
- Immerses PC and game console players in a highly realistic game experience
All files and documentation are offered on an *AS IS* basis and you assume full responsibility for using them.