Please make sure that:
1. You hear Xbox audio out of your headphones and your controller is
2. The Headphone's mic cable is connected from the Headphones headset to
the mic jack on the Xbox 360 controller.
3. The Mic Mute switch on the mic cable is in the Mic position.
Configuring the Xbox 360 for use with the X2s & X3s:
From the Xbox 360 Dashboard press the Xbox Guide button (silver button
between the Back and Start buttons in the center of the controller).
Select "Personal Setting" and then select "Voice". Set the Voice Output
to: "Play Through Speakers" or "Play Through Both"
The Headphones get the mic playback signal from the Xbox 360's speaker
output NOT through the Xbox controller.
Headphones Mic Test (by leaving a Voice Msg in Live):
If you find that you're having problems getting your voice heard over
Xbox Live, you can test the microphone yourself, by leaving a Voice
Message on the Live server.
- From the Xbox 360 Dashboard go to the Xbox Live "blade".
- Select "Messages"
- Select "Create New"
- Select "Message"
- Select any Gamertag you have listed. If you currently do not have any
Gamertags added yet select "Enter Gamertag". Then just enter the letter
"a" and select "Done".
- Pick someone to send the message to (you don't need to actually send the
message, but you need to pick someone to proceed to the next step).
- Select "Add Voice"
- Now select the Record button and begin to record using the X2, X3 mic.
- When you are finished recording select the Playback button to hear the
recorded audio from the X2, X3 mic.
- The message will play back, and you should hear yourself speaking.
If you don't hear your recorded voice, please check to make sure that
the Mic volume is turned up in the Xbox Dashboard, Personal Settings.
- If the settings are correct and you still don't hear your voice, it may
mean that the Xbox Controller Connector cable is damaged or not plugged
in, or it can mean that the microphone itself has been damaged.
- If you don't want to save the message or send it, exit the Message
screen and choose Yes, Discard to discard the message.