This troubleshooting applies to PS3 headsets that are also compatible with PC: P11, PX21, PX22, PX3, PLa, XP7, Bravo, Foxtrot, Kilo, and Sierra.
SYMPTOM 1: Chat/Microphone does not work on the PS3
SYMPTOM 2: The PS3 can't identify my headset as an audio accessory
The best way to be sure whether your microphone or USB chat interface has failed is to test your headset on a Windows or Mac computer, using just the USB connection.
If the PX3 (or Bravo) does not appear in the PS3 Audio Device Settings menu, double-check that you're using the correct USB cable to connect the transmitter to your PS3; use the TRANSMITTER USB CABLE (DATA CABLE), not the "CHARGE ONLY" CABLE. The correct cable is the shorter, thicker USB cable. The longer, thinner charging cable does not contain data lines.
1) For a wired PC headset: Connect the headset's USB plug to a USB port on the PC. Do not connect headset's green plug (or white/red plugs) to anything.
For the PX3/Bravo only: Set the transmitter to PC/Mac Mode. Now plug the transmitter into the PC using the transmitter USB (data) cable. Nothing else needs to be connected to the transmitter. Make sure the headset is paired correctly with its transmitter (if you power the headset on, the power LED on the transmitter should be solid (rather than blinking slowly). To pair, use the following guide: Pairing Instructions
2) Your computer should auto-detect the presence of the "Turtle Beach USB Headset" or "Turtle Beach USB Audio" device and initialize drivers for it. This will happen automatically; there is no separate download required for these drivers. Note for XP7 and Sierra only: Set Playback/Output device to "Turtle Beach GAME" and set Recording/Input device to "Turtle Beach CHAT".
3) Once you see the message that your new device is ready to use, go ahead and open your favorite media player application and play a track. If you hear the audio in your headset, then you know the headset installed correctly.
NOTE: Only the CHAT control on the headset will be able to control all audio when the headset is used this way. The GAME control will not do anything.
4) Try recording your voice using an audio recording program such as the Sound Recorder found under Accessories in Windows.
- If you were able to hear the media track and this recording in the headset, then the chat audio interface is fully functional. Double-check that your PS3 is configured correctly: in the XMB, go to Settings > Accessory Settings > Audio Device Settings. There, set Input Device and Output Device to your Turtle Beach headset. (These USB headsets are NOT Bluetooth devices.)
- If the chat playback has a lot of hiss, it may help to turn up its level in the PS3 controls, while turning down the headset chat level control.
- If the chat interface does not work at all, or is heavily distorted, then the USB connection is faulty and you should contact TechSupport.
- If the computer recognizes it but the PS3 still does not then you should contact TechSupport.
All files and documentation are offered on an *AS IS* basis and you assume full responsibility for using them.